Saturday, September 9, 2017

Yves Saint Laurent Night 54 Fall 2017 Nail Lacquer Collection

What it is:
New limited edition nail lacquer shades for Fall 2017, inspired by Studio 54, the epicenter of disco in the 1970s.

Colors:
  • 54 Studio Silver (circular holographic glitter in a clear base)
  • 55 Dancing Bronze (thin gold string glitter in a bronze base)

Swatches:
Verdict: I love glitter nail polishes so these new Fall shades from YSL where just calling my name. The first shade I tried out was "Studio Silver." This polish looked amazing in the bottle but it was a bit of a let down once applied. The glitter was very chunky and difficult to work with. I applied multiple layers to be able to get an even coat on my nails. At the end I just didn't like the way the polish looked and the clean up was so difficult. The second shade I tried was "Bronze Fever." This shade worked out a bit better. The polish was pretty and looked great after two coats. I like YSL nail polishes and the applicators are fantastic but these new fall shades were a big fail. 

* If you would like to pick up one or both of the Yves Saint Laurent Night 54 Nail Lacquers they  retail for $28.oo each and are available at Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and the YSL Beauty website. Click the links for more details: Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, YSL

No comments:

Post a Comment