Thursday, January 26, 2017

Christian Louboutin Loubichrome Nail Colour Collection

What it is:
A limited edition collection of mini nail colours made up of energetic shades inspired by the ultra-luxurious qualities of specchio, a laminated leather with a mirror-like quality, loved by Christian Louboutin for its ability to capture light and take on new dimension. Infused with light-reflecting pigment pearls, the new colours deliver a playful chrome finish on nails.

Colors in the Collection:

  • Loubichrome I (a luminescent neon yellow)
  • Loubichrome II (a deep burnished red with an orange tint)
  • Loubichrome III (a vibrant violet magenta)
Swatches:
Colors from L-R: Loubichrome I, Loubichrome II, and Loubichrome III 
Verdict: First off the packaging on these polishes is soo cute. I am loving the unicorn vibes. These new Loubichrome polishes were being marketed as holographic and unfortunately that is just not so. The finish is close to a shimmer which is somewhat disappointing. The formula on Loubicrome I was very thin. I needed to use at least three coats to get the color to show up. This tends to be the case with most light shade polishes developed by Louboutin. The formula on Loubicrome II & III , on the other hand, was fantastic. One of the biggest lessons I have learned with Louboutin polish is that the darker the shade the better the formula tends to be.  My favorite color out of the collection was the Coral Red, it just seemed so unique to me and not a shade a see often. The neon yellow was the biggest let down and the purple is a color that I know I already own a dupe of in my collection. I'm always on the fence when it comes to recommending Louboutin polishes because the price tag never correlates with the formula but I would say that if you have been dying to try some Louboutin polish these mini bottles won't hurt your piggy bank.


If you would like to pick up your own Loubichrome Nail Colour they are currently available for $30.00 each on the Christian Louboutin website, NordstromSaks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.

No comments:

Post a Comment