Thursday, June 30, 2016

Tarte GRAV3YARDGIRL Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette

Believe in Yourself. Love Yourself. Embrace Your Individuality. 
What it is: 
A limited-edition, full face palette co-created with YouTube personality @grav3yardgirl, a.k.a Bunny. This palette contains neutral-matte and bold eye shadows that are paired with a universal bronzer, blush, and highlighter-- all with Bunny-approved names that show off her quirky personality.

This palette contains the following colors:
Amazonian clay eyeshadows in: 
  • #SFS (rose gold)
  • Natural Peaches (peachy nude)
  • Dogman (burnt sienna)
  • Big Baby (cream)
  • Sassy Bun (copper peach)
  • Sippy Sippy (glittery brown)
  • Haunting (lavender)
  • Uncommon (purple slate)
  • Mancat (deep plum) 
  • Sweet tea (bronzer)
  • Does this thing really work? (blush)
  • Gator wings (highlighter)
Eyeshadow Look Card: 


Verdict: Let's be honest I don't really need another neutral palette in my life but this one from Tarte was calling to me. I tend to wear my eyeshadow pretty neutral which is why I keep stocking up when I see new palettes hit the market. The packaging is adorable and definitely screams Grav3yardgirl to me. Who wouldn't want to give an alligator its wings! Most of the colors swatched smoothly and had nice pigmentation but there were a few duds in the palette. Sippy Sippy and Sweat Tea both had a lot of glitter fallout. Mancat was very chalky and looked muddled while Big Baby seemed to have no color payoff. Other then that this palette wasn't half bad, especially the metallic colors. If I look through my collection I most likely have colors very similar to those in this palette but sometimes a girl just likes to buy new beauty products. If you are looking for a new neutral palette I would give this one a try.

  
* If you would like to pick up your own Tarte Swamp Queen Eye and Cheek Palette it retails for $45.00. This palette is selling out quickly so if you are eyeing it act quick. It is currently available for sale online at Sephora and Macy's. Click the links for more details: Sephora, Macy's

No comments:

Post a Comment