Friday, July 25, 2014

Madeline Cookies

I haven't baked in a long time. It's been a hectic few months for me with lots of ups and downs. A few nights ago I came home from my internship and decided to just bake. I made a batch of chocolate raspberry macaroons and these Madeline cookies. I have to say that I am very proud of myself. I have been getting pretty good at knocking out French treats on my first try. 

Here is the recipe to make these delicious cake-like Madeline cookies. FYI you do need to buy a Madeline pan for this recipe or they wont turn out. You know a cookie is fancy when it has its own baking pan :)

 
Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup all- purpose flout
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1/4 cup butter

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Melt butter , on the stovetop or microwave, and let it cool to room temperature.
  3. In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla and salt at a high speed until light.
  4. Beating constantly, gradually add sugar; and continue beating at high speed until mixture is thick and pale and ribbons form in bowl when beaters are lifted. This can take anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes.
  5. Sift the flour into the egg mixture 1/3 at a time and gently fold in the ingredients after each addition.
  6. Add lemon zest and pour melted butter around the edge of the batter. Quickly but gently fold the butter into the batter.
  7. Spray your Madeline pans with non- stick cooking spray. Spoon the batter into molds; it will mound slightly above tops.
  8. Bake 14 to 17 minutes, or until cakes are golden and the tops spring back when gently pressed with your fingertip.
  9. Once the cookies have baked, flip the pan over onto a rack and let them cool before enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment