Thursday, June 27, 2013

Grapeseed Oil Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies

Lately I have been craving sweets like crazy. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that I'm stressed out because I need to choose which Grad School I would like to attend in the fall. After my trip to San Francisco yesterday to tour one of the schools I may be attending I came home not feeling to excited about the school so today when I woke up I decided to bake :)

Normally when I bake cookies I use the Neiman Marcus Cookie recipe but today thanks to Pinterest and the website "Cookies and Cups" I decided to bake Grapeseed Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies. I tweeked the recipe a little bit since I wanted a smaller batch with walnuts. Without further ado, I give you Grapeseed Oil Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies.


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla
  • 1/4 + 1/8 cup of grapeseed oil
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 375 F
  2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
  3. In bowl of stand mixer combine both sugars, eggs and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes on medium until light in color.
  4. Turn mixer to low and add in grapeseed oil. Beat until evenly combined.
  5. With mixer on low add in baking soda, salt and flour. Stir until evenly combined.
  6. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
  7. Drop heaping tablespoon sized portions of dough onto prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
  8. Bake 9-11 minutes until edges are golden. Don't over bake.
  9. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to continue cooling.




No comments:

Post a Comment