Monday, February 9, 2015

Physicians Formula Extreme Shimmer Collection

For those individuals who know me, I am not the biggest fan of drug store makeup. I am not a brand snob by any means and do use some drug store products however I tend to gravitate more towards the prestige brands.

I was browsing through the internet when I stumbled upon the new Extreme Shimmer Collection from Physicians Formula. The collection includes a new series of eye shadow palettes and eyeliners in Nude and Smoky eye colors. I have swatches of the collection below.

A highly-pigmented liquid powder eye shadow palette that included 6 multi-reflective shimmer eye shadows in different shades of brown.
Extreme Shimmer Nude Eyeliner Set
Ultra shimmery glitter eyeliner trio in Champagne, Brown and Black 
 The Smoky Collection
A highly-pigmented liquid powder eye shadow palette that included 6 multi-reflective shimmer eyeshadows in different shades of grey
Ultra shimmery glitter eyeliner trio in Silver, Pewter, and Black 

Verdict: I am somewhat on the fence about this collection. I loved both eyeliner sets. The formula went on smoothly and the colors were beautifully pigmented. My concern was with the eye shadow palettes. On their own, each color in the palette is gorgeous but when I was swatching them there was not much distinction between the shades. Also I should mention that there was a slight amount of fall out with these eye shadows which I think has to do with the new formula.

* If you would like to pick up these items from the Physicians Formula Extreme Shimmer Collection, they are available for $11.99 each at ULTA.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment